You probably have heard of Shopify. It may come as no surprise to you that currently, over 1.75 million businesses around the world utilize Shopify for revenue and growth.
The collective revenue generated by companies using the Shopify platform is $200 billion now. This figure will only continue to rise as time passes.
The most vital part when learning about Shopify is its ranking mechanism. You have to make sure your online store is visible to your target customers.
So, if you are interested in learning more about Shopify, specifically about how to rank your digital business on Shopify, then keep reading.
We will also briefly talk about our SEO services available in Pakistan and internationally and how they can empower you to win on Shopify.
Shopify SEO – What is it?
Shopify SEO is the process of boosting an online store’s visibility on search engines. Shopify itself has built-in features and resources to help users optimize their content.
Shopify SEO includes multiple steps, such as checking and adjusting meta descriptions, product descriptions, title tags, etc.
Why is an SEO Audit Important for Your Shopify Store?
Carrying out an SEO audit for your Shopify store can help you in different ways. It can enable you to see what is working for your brand and what is not.
It will give you an idea of where you are lacking in terms of search engine marketing and how you can change that.
Moreover, you will be able to uplift your digital store’s performance and attract the right kind of audience towards your brand.
Getting Started with Shopify SEO
Be Distinctive: When setting up your Shopify store, choose a domain name for your brand that is unique. This is excellent for SEO and can also help customers to distinguish your store from others.
Create a URL: When creating a URL for your Shopify store, keep the following in mind:
- It must be concise, readable, & easy to recall
- It must be relevant to your business
- It should preferably contain hyphens (-) & NOT special characters (#, %)
Decide Your Theme: Next, customize your store by adding a theme according to your brand personality. This will make your store more visually attractive.
Organize & Publish: Do not forget to organize your product listings and publish at least one blog post.
Be Prepared to Optimize: Download useful Shopify SEO optimization tools according to your store’s needs, such as:
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Yoast SEO
- Plug in SEO
- Keyword Research Tools (e.g. ahrefs & Google Keyword Planner)
Improving Your Shopify Store’s Ranking
- Keyword Placement: Invest time in researching keywords to use for higher ranking. Come up with a list (ideally consisting of 5-10 keywords) to insert into your pages. Also, a good primary keyword/phrase should be chosen per product page.Carefully place your primary keyword within your content to improve your ranking. Your primary keyword should be used within your title tag, meta title, meta description, and URL.Image Optimization: Optimize your Shopify store’s images by writing SEO-friendly filename and alt-tag – the two texts behind your images read by search engine crawlers.Decrease Your Bounce Rate: On all platforms including Shopify, responsiveness matters more than you may think. It is directly related to a site’s bounce rate.No matter which device a potential customer is browsing your store on, make sure that they have a seamless experience.You can do this by taking care of your page layout in regards to the user’s device screen in addition to the page speed and the organization of theme elements.You can also take Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test to view how your store looks on a mobile screen.Sitemap Submission: Log into Google Search Console and submit your sitemaps by entering your previously created URL. This will enable Google to index your shop.Leverage Social Media: Drive people to your Shopify store by leveraging hot platforms like Instagram and TikTok.Build Backlinks: You can create backlinks for your online shop through:
- Influencer Collaboration
- Guest Blogging
Before You Go!
Shopify is a popular platform for businesses right now, and you can gain traction for your company if you incorporate SEO into your store.
Hiring professional help from Shopify experts is always a great idea. A reputable SEO services company can save you the trouble of trial and error and maximize your brand’s development.
2BTech has been providing SEO services to satisfied clients in Lahore and abroad for the last 2 years, and we will be delighted to work with you.
So, if you are on the hunt for result-focused SEO services in Pakistan or internationally, then get in touch with us